Investing in our Principles


The Hobo Wine Company is committed to a value system that extends beyond financial progress.

  • We believe a business has an effect on its micro & macro communities with an obligation to better both.
  • We are constantly striving to fight the environmental crisis - one of the most pressing issues of our time.
  • We stand behind groups fighting for freedom, liberation, and justice.



We are continually working to improve the environmental impact of our package:

  • Labels are printed using HP’s environmentally friendly Indigo ElectroInk on 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
  • We discontinued using capsules in 2005 – as far as we know, we were the first winery in California to do this.
  • We continue to use natural corks and natural cork products because of their lower carbon footprint to produce. They’re also more recyclable, reusable, and compostable compared to cork alternatives.
  • We use 100% antique green glass to ensure the highest percentage of recycled material in our bottles. We also only source domestic glass to reduce the petrol needed for transportation.
  • Our Workbook brand exclusively produces wine packaged in 20L Petainer & stainless steel kegs. By using kegs, we are able to minimize the amount of glass we use. With roughly 8,000 kegs to date, we’ve diverted about 216,000 glass bottles.




  • In 2021, we certified our winery as a CCOF certified organic facility.
  • Our winery is powered by local renewable sustainable geothermal energy via Sonoma County’s EVERGREEN CLEAN POWER program.
  • 70 acres of vineyards that we lease are CCOF certified organic.
  • 92% of the total vineyards that we source from are sustainably, organically, or biodynamically farmed. The remaining 8% are all farmed under a third party monitored sustainable program.


Community & Giving Back

  • We provide our employees with fair compensation, health care coverage, and contributions into personal retirement funds.
  • We are members of 1% for the Planet and donate 1% of our gross revenue from all of our brands to non-profit environmental organizations. Since joining, we have donated over $171,459; $150,043 in cash and $21,271 in wine.
  • In 2017 & 2019 we hosted and organized ping pong tournaments with other businesses in our community that raised over $70,000 benefitting The School Box Project, a non-profit that provides mobile, trauma informed education, art and play to children displaced by crisis.
  • To support the fight against racism, we give financially to Black Lives Matter, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, and Fair Fight.
  • We often donate cash and many cases of wine to non-profits, schools, and other organizations that promote community on an annual basis.


Your Cart

Your cart is currently empty. Click here to continue shopping.